How to get reviews on Facebook & why they are important?
- February 1, 2019
It comes with the territory that as a business owner, you hardly ever have the time to focus on things like getting reviews from customers on Facebook. While we can’t say that that should be the least of concerns, this aspect of marketing can be easily overlooked.
More established businesses have a team to take of these things for them. This is because it can get quite tedious and time consuming. I’m sure there are a lot more pressing matters that require your attention.
As you’re reading this, we’re sure that you’re curious about how to get more reviews on Facebook. Good on you. Our social media marketing team has put together a quick guide to give you the basic know-how, including detailed instructions to get you all set up.
We hope that we can answer some of your questions along the way.
The Importance of online reviews
Back then, we would have discussions with family, friends, and acquaintances about what’s on the market. This was a regular topic because this information wasn’t as available as it currently is.
Nowadays, most people go on the internet to gain some confidence about paying for a product or service that they might be interested in. They don’t have to rely on people they know for opinions. All they have to do is read reviews.
57% of consumers say that reading glowing reviews about a product, service or business influences their overall attitude towards a brand and how likely they are to convert.
This makes perfect sense because wouldn’t bad reviews deter you from getting a product you know you’re going to be disappointed with? We thought so.
So what does this mean for your business? Let’s say your competition has no shortage of raving reviews and you do. Who do you think is more likely to get more leads? Definitely not you.
But don’t worry. We’re here to help you out.
STEP 1: ENABLE REVIEWS ON YOUR FACEBOOK BUSINESS PAGE
- Log on to your company’s Facebook page and find Business Manager
- On the upper right-hand corner of the page, next to the Help drop-down menu, click on Settings.
- You’ll be shown a list. Find Reviews and click on it.
- You’ll see two options. Choose Allow visitors to review this Page.
- When you’re done, click Save Changes.
STEP 2: GET THE REVIEWS TAB TO SHOW UP ON YOUR FACEBOOK BUSINESS PAGE
- Log on to your company’s Facebook page and find Business Manager.
- On the upper right-hand corner of the page, next to the Help drop-down menu, click on
- On the left, there is a navigation menu. Below messaging, click Edit Page.
- You’ll see two options: templates and tabs. Select Tabs and find Use default tabs. Enable this option. This allows you to choose which tabs show up on your page.
- Next, click Add a Tab. Reviews are the third on the list. Click Add Tab.
- When you’re done, click
- Back on your tabs menu, click on Find Review Tab is Visible and make sure it is set to ON.
- When it is, click
STEP 3: STAY UPDATED AND RESPOND TO THE REVIEWS THAT YOU GET
This shouldn’t just end with your customers leaving their reviews on your page. You have to engage with them and respond to what they have written.
This gives you the chance to thank the ones who have left positive reviews and to apologize and come up with solutions for those who have left negative ones.
Seeing a company respond ticks something in the consumer’s brain, making them more likely to leave glowing reviews.
Responding to most, if not all, reviews humanizes your company and makes it apparent that you really do care about your customer base.
Check and manage your reviews, so that you’ll be able to respond to them right away. It helps to not wait for too long and have your presence felt immediately. A quick response rate is always a plus with any customer.
- Log on to your company’s Facebook page and find Business Manager.
- If you were successful with Step 2, you can now see Reviews in the navigation menu on the left. Click on it.
- There, you’ll see all the reviews people have written for your company. You can distinguish them by star rating, Most Helpful or Most Recent. To be able to check on the new reviews that people have recently left, choose Most Recent.
- The latest reviews you’ve gotten should be on top of the list now. To respond to a review, click on Write a comment.
STEP 4: GET YOUR CUSTOMERS TO LEAVE REVIEWS FOR YOUR BUSINESS ON FACEBOOK
Now that you’re all set up and have responded to previous reviews you might have gotten in the past, we have to get you new ones.
How do you do this?
- THROUGH EMAIL
If someone has already purchased a product from you or have an availed a service, then you probably have their email.
This is an essential piece of information to have because it allows you to contact your past customers for free.
Send them an email and request them to leave your company a review. As if they were happy with what they have purchased and what areas you can improve in.
Make it easy to understand and to find their way back to company’s Facebook page by also including a link.
It’s best to do this right after their purchase, so it’s still fresh in their mind.
- ADD CALL-TO-ACTION ELEMENTS TO YOUR WEBSITE
Whether it’s a high quality banner or a whole separate page detailing your company’s principles, add ways your website can be linked to your Facebook page where they can leave reviews.
Fans of your products are sure to do this for you, so make they can easily do this. Also, most consumers will not pass up the chance to help out a company with a cause that they like.
- TURN COMMENTS INTO REVIEWS
Some people will not bother to write a review. Instead, they will just leave a comment on your page.
Respond to these comments immediately and thank them. In the end, express that their feedback is more welcome in the Reviews tab because other customers would benefit from it.
- DO NOT COMPLICATE IT
If you’re sending your customers emails, asking them to leave reviews, give them very simple instructions. Better yet, include one or two lines and message and a link. Keep it clean.
- PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT YOU SAY AND KEEP IT VARIED
It’s advisable that you don’t have an automatic response for the reviews that you get. People will not like it if they see that all your responses are just copied and pasted.
Address what people say they liked or did not like about your product. Give them specific troubleshooting options if they have raised an issue that they encountered with your product.
A helpful tip is to use their names. This will give your messages a more personalized touch.
Whatever responses you come up with, make sure that you always express your gratitude.
Let us help you
This is our attempt at making this process as straightforward as possible. However, we do realize that this can be quite complicated and time consuming.
Plus, Facebook reviews are just an aspect within a more complex marketing strategy on Facebook. This is where we come in.
If you’d like to boost your reputation online and leave it to the pros, contact us today and we’ll help you get started.
One of our experts is online, she will get back to you